Terms & Conditions
The Door Store Ltd.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. All descriptions are in accordance with our manufacturers’ specifications and care has been taken to ensure information is correct. However we cannot guarantee that details are identical with goods owing to market changes.
- This website and its content is the copyright of The Door Store Ltd. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All rights reserved.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Door Store Ltd. takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The Door Store Ltd. prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to UK laws.
- The Door Store Limited, all of its subsidiaries and trading names are UK based companies.
- By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product from us, which we will accept to sell you on the following conditions.
- Door Store Limited is absolutely entitled to refuse any order made by you. If your order is accepted we will take payment and inform you by e-mail. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are the authorised user of the credit or debit card used to make your request and there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods.
- If we decline to supply goods ordered and payment has been debited from your credit or debit card, we shall credit your credit or debit card with the price of the goods within 30 days of declining your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation or compensation for disappointment suffered
- If for any reason we are unable to supply a particular item, we will contact you by e-mail or telephone as soon as possible. You will be advised when goods will become available or you will have the choice of ordering replacement goods and be advised of the cost, or be offered a full refund.
- We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. We will confirm acceptance of your order by sending an e-mail to you. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. We will contact you if we are unable to accept your order for any reason.
- Anyone who has access to the property where goods are being delivered and is onsite at the time of delivery can accept goods on your behalf. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that anyone who signs on your behalf including tradespeople are aware of the responsibilities outlined below.
- When signing for receipt of your order, signing as “unchecked” will not be accepted and we will accept no liability for any shortage or damage subsequently discovered.
- Products should be inspected on delivery and visible damage must be detailed and noted clearly by you on both your copy and the delivery drivers copy at the time of receipt on the Delivery/Receipt Note for any claim to be entertained.
- The Door Store Ltd must be notified immediately by e-mail with appropriate photographic evidence of the damage.
- If a joiner/carpenter has been contracted by you to install the goods and they are present in your absence, then they are responsible for checking the goods on your behalf and it is your responsibility to make them aware of this in advance. Please remember that, by fitting or finishing your door/floor or making alterations in any way, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods as supplied. Unfortunately, we cannot replace a faulty or incorrectly supplied door/floor if ANY alterations have been carried out.
- The Door Store Ltd accepts no liability if costs are incurred by booking a carpenter before having received and checked all goods.
- The Door Store Ltd will not be liable for any claims arising due to delay as a result of strikes, materials, shortages, shipping or any circumstances beyond our control.
- You may be required to pay a surcharge at our discretion for delivery to remote areas, and it may not be possible for us to deliver to some locations.
- Where our courier is unable to complete a delivery due to the customer being unavailable or refusing to accept an agreed delivery, the delivery cost will be charged in full and each further attempted delivery will be charged at a minimum of £50.00 inc VAT.
- Deliveries outside our catchment area will be made by one of our appointed couriers. Drivers of our appointed couriers are obliged only to deliver the goods as near to the front of your property as possible. It is therefore necessary that you have the appropriate able bodied persons available to lift the goods into your premises.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been paid for and delivered to you. Once you have accepted the goods they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- To make good any shortage or non-delivery;
- To refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose. If it is a special order item it will not be subject to a refund and must remain paid for in full.
- We only supply goods to the UK and Ireland. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Return & Refunds
- You may decide to return your order to us within 7 days of having received it stating the reason for your decision by e-mail before organising uplift of the goods. It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for the return and the appropriate insurance of the goods.
- Special order items and non-stock items, products which have been custom-made, modified or are bespoke to your requirements cannot be changed or refunded once we have confirmed the order to you.
- The goods must be returned in their original condition. We reserve the right to refuse returns for refunds or replacements if the goods are not returned to us in a saleable condition unaltered or removed from the original packaging. Any goods returned must be in a condition suitable for re-sale.
- We will apply a 25% handling and re-stocking charge, any residual refund owing to you will be made within 30 days by the same payment method you used for the initial purchase.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay Later in 3 instalments
Klarna's Pay in 3 is an unregulated credit agreement. Borrowing more than you can afford or paying late may negatively impact your financial status and ability to obtain credit. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. Late fees may apply. Ts&Cs apply.
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
- Goods supplied by the Door Store Ltd are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for twelve months from the date of receipt as long as the conditions of sale have been adhered to. (Please refer to detailed timber, installation and maintenance instructions below).
- The Door Store Ltd. shall not be responsible for any incidental work or expenses arising out of or because of any defect in our product.
- If a product develops a fault within twelve months of purchase it will be replaced/repaired free of charge after proof of purchase has been established. No responsibility however can be accepted if wrongful or incomplete installation was carried out by the customer or their representative.
- Timber Products
- Timber is a natural material, which is subject to changes in temperature and humidity. We cannot accept liability for natural movement or distortion, warping, swelling or splitting which is caused by exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity, or if the product has not been correctly stored, treated or installed. A warp or distortion of 6mm from the opposite outer edges of a door in either direction shall be deemed to be within the manufacturing tolerances.
- Timber is a natural product and as such is subject to varying colours and grain patterns. This is beyond our control and while our manufacturers and suppliers do endeavour to colour match each component within each door no guarantee what-so-ever is given that one door will be a colour match to another door.
- Natural timber while renowned for its decorative grain is prone to small ‘shakes’ or splits appearing, this is an unavoidable ‘feature of real timber’ which is not considered a defect and such ‘shakes’ should be filled with a suitable wood filler.
- All timber products pictured in our catalogues, website and other literature have been pre-finished (stained or varnished) prior to photography and are therefore not an exact representation of the product you may receive.
- Variations of the printing process and screen calibrations mean that colours shown may vary slightly from the final product.
- We have no control over doors changing in design or pattern at any given time, it is therefore impossible to guarantee an exact pattern match at a later date.
- Our doors are of an engineered construction. It is a regular practice for doors to be made from engineered components. This means that a door has a real wood veneer surface over a composite solid or semi solid core. This gives the door greater stability and less chance of splitting or warping, and is more environmentally friendly.
- Installation, Finishing And Maintenance
- Prior to installation doors must be stored flat in their original packaging in a cool, dry, well ventilated environment.
- They must not be stored in areas that have been recently plastered or where they will come into contact with steam or high humidity.
- Doors should not be stored or installed in a new house until the building has been sealed from the elements, the wet works completed and the heating system has been turned on for at least eight weeks.
- The doors should remain in their packaging until work on the product commences.
- Doors should be stained/varnished prior to installation, for best results apply the finish with the door lying on a flat surface and only use a good quality oil based product.
- There are six surfaces on a door; all six must be treated to seal a door against changes in the moisture content of the timber.
- It is usual for the carpenter to plane the door and make cut outs for locks, hinges etc. These exposed edges and cut outs must be immediately retreated to ensure your door is effectively sealed against moisture ingress.
- Only use oil based paints, stains and varnishes and apply by brush. Do not use water based products or spray finishing on your doors. These finishes or methods of application will invalidate the manufacturers guarantee.
- When finishing pre-glazed doors extra care must be taken to ensure varnish/paint does not come into contact with the glass as it can be difficult to remove at a later stage. Particular care should be taken with sandblasted/etched glass as varnish will damage the appearance of the glass and is virtually impossible to be removed. Many of our doors come with a plastic protective wrap over the glass, this is only for the protection of the glass during the manufacturing process and is not intended for the protection of the glass when finishing your door.
- Mortice locks must not be positioned at the joints and lock cavities should be kept to a minimum. If the door needs to be reduced in height or width please refer to the manufacturers installation guide enclosed with your door, if you are unsure please contact us immediately.
- We do not recommend rebating double doors as this may cut beyond the manufacturers edge lip and expose the core material. Instead it is recommended to fit the doors flush or install a double door sealing strip that we can provide.
- Timber External Doors
- Mahogany external doors must be set back from the front face of the building or covered by a canopy or porch way projecting not less than 1.5m to provide protection from the elements.
- Before installation the door should be stained and varnished with oil based products only. We recommend using Sadolin products. A minimum of two coats of Sadolin Classic as a base coat and four coats of Sadolin Extra clear as a top coat with a light sanding between coats.
- If you wish to paint your door an exterior quality paint is recommended to be applied to your external door and door frames. Carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions, which generally advise a primer coat, 2 undercoats followed by 2 gloss coats ensuring all edges are coated and sealed to prevent moisture entering the timber.
- It is important to NEVER use a 'water based' product on your new external doors and door frames. We do not consider these to give adequate protection and no guarantee claim will be entertained for goods treated with such products.
- It should be noted that the use of dark coloured paint or stain finishes on external doors, particularly if located on the south or south west elevations of buildings, will result in high surface temperatures on the door and can increase the risk of distortion, splits, shakes or resin exudation through the finish.
- It is most important that both sides and the four edges of the door are completely and fully treated before the door is hung. After it has been hung all cut outs for a letterbox, hinges etc. and any edges that have been trimmed must be fully retreated immediately. It is imperative that the end grain at the bottom of the door is completely protected as this is where moisture can easily penetrate causing swelling, splitting and warping.
- It is important to fit a good quality weather bar to the bottom of every external door.
- In extreme conditions it may be necessary to storm proof the panels and double glazed units with silicone.
- Future maintenance is most important to retain good appearance over many years and we recommend every year washing down the door with warm water and detergent, lightly sanding the surface and applying a new protective topcoat.
- Internal Doors
White Oak & Walnut Internal Doors
- Before installation the door should be varnished with oil based products only. A minimum of three clear top coats with a light sanding between coats should be applied. We recommend using Johnstones Satin Clear varnish as a top coat.
- It is important to NEVER use a 'water based' product on your new door. We do not consider these to give adequate protection and no guarantee claim will be entertained for goods treated with such products.
White Primed Internal Doors
- These are supplied with a primer coat ready for finishing. As these are not pre-finished, small scratches and chips exposing the MDF core are normal and should be filled using suitable quality filler before applying your chosen finishing coats.
- Before installation the door should be finished with an oil based paint. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions applying a light sanding between coats.
- It is important to NEVER use a 'water based' product on your new door. We do not consider these to give adequate protection and no guarantee claim will be entertained for goods treated with such products.
- Radiata pine louvre doors have engineered stiles and therefore it is not advisable to trim these doors. For best results make the opening to suit the door. As these are a light colour they can be varnished, stained to most colours, or painted.
- Prior to installation veneered mouldings must be stored on a level surface in their original packaging in a cool, dry, well ventilated environment.
- They must not be stored in areas that have been recently plastered or where they will come into contact with steam or high humidity. Mouldings should not be stored or installed in a new house until the building has been sealed from the elements, the wet works completed and the heating system has been turned on for at least eight weeks.
- The mouldings should remain in their packaging until work on the product commences.
- Mouldings should be painted-stained-varnished on all four sides prior to installation with a minimum of two sealing coats on the back face of the moulding prior to being fixed to the wall. For best results apply the finish with the mouldings lying on a flat surface. Only use a quality oil based product and follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Extra care should be taken when handling long lengths of skirting or handrail as excess sagging along the length of the product may cause a fracture in the MDF core.
- It is important to never use a ‘water based’ product on mouldings. We do not consider these to give adequate protection and no guarantee claim will be entertained for goods treated with such products.
- Faulty Goods
- While every effort is made to supply you with the correct product in perfect condition, on occasion errors are made or a door/floor is not up to standard. It is imperative that you check your doors/floors for any of the following potential faults prior to commencing any alterations: visible manufacturing defects i.e. warping or bowing beyond the 6mm tolerance, imperfections on glass (within an acceptable tolerance: see below), shakes, splits or scratches.
- In the event that your goods are faulty, you must contact us by e-mail within three working days of receipt of the goods and provide appropriate photographic evidence of the fault.
- Please remember that, by fitting or finishing your door/floor or making alterations in any way, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods as supplied.
- In the event that goods have a manufacturing defect that appears within 12 months of purchase that requires replacement or refund, our liability will only extend to the replacement value of the faulty goods and we will not be held responsible for any additional costs incurred i.e. fitting, finishing etc. We are not responsible for payment of consequential losses arising from a product failure. Please note goods that have been delivered must have visible faults reported immediately as per delivery instructions above.
- The goods must be returned in their original condition and upon receipt and inspection any residual refund owing to you will be made within 30 days.
- Glass Faults; Any fault within a glass pane or glazed unit which is not visible in normal transmission, in other words without having to look at the glass from unusual angles or which only show up in sunlight are deemed to be acceptable when viewed from a distance of a minimum 3 metres, this conforms to British Standards.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for an indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the data Protection act 1998.
Your personal information will be used by The Door Store Ltd. and for delivery purposes only.
- What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and address including postcode
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.